Allerton Steel Ltd occupies a modern workshop and office facility with over 6,950 sq m (75,000 sq ft) capacity. The workshop offers a lift capacity up to 60 tonnes and are equipped with modern plant and machinery including semi-automatic welding, CNC operated profile, saw, drilling and milling machines. Additionally we have a 3D modelling and surveying system to assist with complex fabrications and inspection.
Our 135 staff are our greatest asset and their Health, Safety and Welfare is our highest priority. To further develop our safety all supervisors and managers have completed the IOSH Managing Safely course.
We have our own apprentice training programme to develop and train our own staff. We currently have 12 apprentices at various stages of their 4 year apprenticeship. We normally look to employ apprentices each year.
Our significant engineering capabilities are demonstrated with our experience of the following specifications:
- Fabrication: BS EN 1090-Part 2 CE Marking we are qualified up to the highest level of Execution Class 4, NSSS, EEMUA, Norsok, Lloyds Rules for Manufacturing, DNV 2.22 and 2.7.3
- Welding: BS EN ISO 15614, Norsok M101, EEMUA 158, ASME IX
- Pre-qualifications: RISQS for fabrication of rail and foot bridges in the rail sector, NHSS Sector 20 and RQSC for highways bridges, and FPAL Registered for Offshore projects.
Our Quality Manufacturing System is approved to BS EN ISO 9001:2008 approved and certified by BSI for “The fabrication of structural / plate steelwork and machining. Bridge fabrication and erection”.
Our typical market sectors include:
- Oil and Gas & Renewables: Structural steelwork for the permanent steelwork in the topside or jacket, or temporary steelwork for load-out grillages and seafastenings, Mechanical steelwork for deck equipment, Pre-assembled Units (PAUs), Sub-assembly fabrication.
- Construction: Plate & Box Girder, Heavy Trusses, Complex sub-assemblies, Tubular Structures.
- Bridges, Road, Rail, Pedestrian
- Plate Girders: Box Girder, Columns
- Cranes: Overhead, Goliath, Ship to Shore, Gantry, Pedestal, Including Lock & Dock Gates.
We adopt a collaborative approach with clients to deliver economical, workable, buildable and safe solutions. From Contract Review we offer many value-added options to projects such as Value Engineering, Risk Mitigation and Partnering.
‘Quality Fabrications – Quality People’